A lot of bloggers and businesses rely on WordPress for their website, especially now that it has evolved from simply being a blogging system into a full web content management system. It’s easy to set up and manage when done by professionals. But apart from the developers who make the best website for your business, what exactly do you know about this content management system?
Here are 15 interesting facts you should know:
- It is older than Facebook and Twitter. It was first launched on May 27, 2003, through the efforts of Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little as the successor for b2 or catalogue.
- It was Christine Selleck Tremoulet, an acquaintance of Matt Mullenweg, who suggested the name WordPress.
- It was launched under GNU GPL, allowing access to anyone who wished to download it. Its source code was like an open book which people could work on.
- Matt Mullenweg created the WordPress Foundation to protect the freedoms provided by it being an open source.
- It doesn’t have a CEO.
- It is used by thousands of government websites from all over the world.
- It is also used by thousands of schools at all levels worldwide.
- It is programmed to accommodate more than 68 languages.
- Meetups are held on a yearly basis.
- It has sister sites such as bbPressm, BuddyPress and GlotPress.
- Web developers and designers are now able to make a living from it.
- It is powered only by 449 employees to date.
- In WordCamp, they discuss anything and everything related to the web content management system that is WordPress.
- It is used by large conglomerates from all over the world such as Forbes, Vogue, CNN and many more.
With the opportunities given since its launch, it’s no wonder why we have skilled WordPress developers that are working with us today. Hire the best ones for your website by visiting Gas Agency now!